Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct applies to the Microsoft Zoom.it Service (the “Service”) which allows users to post or share content and submissions with others, when those Services display or link to this Code of Conduct (the 'Service'), and also allows users to access documented Microsoft APIs, as provided by the Service, which a user may use to develop an online application (an “Application”) that is designed to access and use the Service to display results using only methods and means of access that are documented in the most current version of the Zoom.it APIs (or successor or replacement SDKs/APIs) at: http://api.zoom.it/. Please read the Code of Conduct and any supplemental information below for additional details about how you may use the Service.
The Services are designed for individuals 13 years of age or older.
As a user of the service you will uphold this Code of Conduct, and are responsible for all activities and content you post/upload.
In addition to upholding this Code of Conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all applicable local and national laws.
Allowed and Prohibited Uses
What can I do? In using the service and developing Applications, you must:
- obey the law;
- obey any codes of conduct or other notices we provide; and
- obey the Microsoft Anti-spam Policy, which is available at http://privacy.msn.com/anti-spam
What can’t I do? In developing Applications, and in using the service, you may not:
- transmit, sell, license or deliver any infringing, defamatory, offensive, or illegal products, services or materials;
- upload to the service, or use the service to display or perform in your Application, any content:
- for which you do not have all necessary permissions from the copyright holder or holders;
- which includes nudity or is obscene, indecent or pornographic;
- which is intended to exploit minors in any way;
- which incites, advocates, or expresses hatred, bigotry, racism, or gratuitous violence;
- which is defamatory either towards any individual or group of persons; or
- which is intended to threaten, stalk, defame, defraud, degrade, victimize, or intimidate an individual or group of individuals for any reason, including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race, or religion, or to incite or encourage anyone else to do so.
- use the service in a way that harms us or our affiliates or suppliers (collectively, the “Microsoft parties”);
- falsify or alter any unique referral identifier in, or assigned to, an Application, or otherwise obscure or alter the source of queries coming from an Application;
- encourage or require any end user to breach the terms of this agreement;
- encourage or require any end user to provide to you, or any party other than Microsoft, a password to a Windows Live ID or Passport account;
- violate local, state, federal or other applicable consumer privacy regulations;
- use any portion of the service, or any web site that displays or performs content from the service, as a destination linked from any unsolicited bulk messages or unsolicited commercial messages (“spam”);
- violate any applicable law or violate the rights of any third party (including, without limitation, rights of privacy or proprietary rights);
- violate any applicable U.S. Export Administration Regulations or end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by U.S. and other governments. The service is subject to U.S. export jurisdiction.
- use any unauthorized means to modify or reroute, or attempt to modify or reroute, the service;
- damage, disable, overburden, or impair the service (or the network(s) connected to the service) or interfere with anyone’s use and enjoyment of the service;
- sell, lease or sublicense access to the service;
- attempt to make a local non-cache copy, or help a third party attempt to make a local non-cache copy, of any content provided through the service;
- use any automated process or service to access and/or use the service (such as a BOT, a spider, periodic caching of information stored by Microsoft, or “meta-searching”) other than through published APIs.
Termination and Cancellation
Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, and without any obligation to do so, to review and remove user-created Services and content at will and without notice, and delete content and accounts. Microsoft reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to ban participants or terminate access to Services.
Rights and Responsibilities
We encourage you to not share information that others could use to harm you. We encourage parents to be aware of and help exercise control over content posted by and activities of their children to keep them safe online.
Microsoft is not responsible for the content of any user-created posting, listing or message. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We advise you to use your judgment.
You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference, spyware or viruses that may be encountered for downloaded items from the service. We recommend you install a virus protection program on your computer and keep it up to date.
You may use the Report Abuse link to report violations of this Code of Conduct.
Microsoft reserves the right to amend or change the Code of Conduct or any service at any time without notice. We encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.
Some information you provide or upload to the service may be stored outside of the country in which you reside.
All activity on the service is also governed by the Zoom.it Terms of Service, located at http://zoom.it/pages/terms.
Report violations of this Code of Conduct
This is your community. Help us make it strong, vibrant and enjoyable by all members. If you see content that violates this Code of Conduct, please report it for review.
Thank you for using the Services and honoring this Code of Conduct!